EarthmeetsMan: Educate the future, Change the Culture,Preserve the World
Why a blog about environmental education:
Well since I’m the one writing this blog, it’s a subject I am passionate about. Growing up I was a tomboy by all means. Hunting stick insects, climbing trees and eating mud to understand why trees do it. Please note I ate mud once and it was for scientific purposes.
Later in college, after crushing my mother’s dream when I decided not to be a medical doctor and instead went to graduate school for environmental science, I thought I had finally “found” my way back to the type of scientific exploration that I loved when I was younger.
Well, graduate school scientific exploration is a …. Let’s go with …. limited area of exploration. With one year left to complete my master’s I took a summer long internship teaching environmental education in Yosemite National Park and there I fell in love with environmental outreach, sustainability and communication.
After years working as an environmental scientist and educator I realized that, in many ways, I wasn’t living the life I was preaching to others. With that, I have switched up the blog to focus becoming more sustainable in my lifestyle.
What you will find:
- Sustainability Lifestyle Journey
- Social – conscious consumerism, fair-trade, social justice
- Economic- financial awareness
- Environmental – reducing waste, mindfulness of resources, exploring nature
- Nature Photography
- Environmental issues
- A perspective, not the only perspective so please share yours
Here at EarthmeetsMan we want to look at new and old ways of rediscovering nature, understanding its value and promoting education, outreach and citizen involvement.
“If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in.”
― Rachel Carson
The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
– John Muir
Terms and Conditions:
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to you when you view, access or otherwise use the blog located at http://www.earthmeetsman.wordpress.com. The blog is owned by Amesha Morris. I grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited right to access, use and display the blog and the materials provided hereon, provided that you comply fully with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
To be clear, you do not have permission to take material from my blog and run it on yours. (Photos, content, ideas)
- Photos on this website are taken by the owner and are the property of the owner, you do not have permission to publish any photo without authorization from the owner.
- You may publish a quote of 100 words or less from the original article with a link to the original article.
- If you republish a partial post, it must be exactly as it appears on my website with all links intact.
- Special permission from the owner will be needed in order to republish more than 100 words from this website. Full articles are not permitted to be republished without permission from the owner of this site.
- Copyright laws do apply to any form of published work and WILL be enforced with any content (Photos, content, ideas) stolen from this website.
Effective as of January 1 2014